Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sesame & Citrus Broccoli



Hello there... I hope everyone had a great Labor Day! For the past few weeks I been eating broccoli by the truck load. In going thru my monthly magazines I found an article about adding more flavor to your broccoli and here is a nice combination I thought would go well together. The great part of this recipe is the way the orange brings a sweet flavor to the broccoli. It's a nice mix of sweet and savory with a fresh citrus taste. Here are a few pointers for this recipe:
1) I bought 2 oranges for this recipe. I used 1 for the sections and the other for zest and juice.
2) If you don't like spicy you can omit the red pepper and still enjoy this recipe.
3) The oil combination you make in Step 1 would also make a good salad dressing.



Ingredients: 
4 cups steamed broccoli
2 tablespoons Canola Oil
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
2 tablespoon Orange Juice (freshly squeezed)
1/2 cup Orange Sections
1 tablespoon Honey
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 tablespoon Green Onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds


Directions:
1) In a large bowl whisk together orange zest, orange juice, honey, black pepper, red pepper with canola oil.
2) Add broccoli, orange sections, green onions and sesame seeds to the bowl. 
3) Toss together until all the ingredients mixed throughly. 

Enjoy!




No comments: