Sunday, September 8, 2013

Guacamole



FOOTBALL IS BACK! I know everyone might not be a huge football fan like myself but I'm excited. ;-)   Since it's now football season I thought I share one of my favorite healthy snacks I like to eat while I'm watching the games. This recipe has fresh ingredients, low in sodium and easy to make. Whether your watching your favorite teams play, sitting pool side or looking for a dip to take to your next gathering this recipe is perfect. 


Ingredients:
3 ripe Haas avocados
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Pinch of Black Pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions:
1) Start by cut avocados in half and remove seed. Scoop out avocado and place in a large bowl. Mash avocado with a potato masher or a fork.
2) Fold in onion, tomato, jalapeno,and garlic in the bowl with avocados.
3) Next add the lime, cumin, salt, and fresh cilantro. Combine until mix is coated. 
4) Let the guacamole sit in fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavors marinade. 
5) Serve with your favorite chips or veggies!

Enjoy! 

No comments: