Friday, November 15, 2013

Cranberry Relish


Hello! I know cranberry sauce or relish isn't everyone's favorite but it is one of mine. I couldn't imagine my Thanksgiving plate without a little cranberry on it. I prefer homemade but I know stores sell canned cranberry jelly. It is easy to make cranberry sauce or relish at home. My favorite part is watching the cranberries burst in the pot. I guess that's the kid in me.  ;-)


 
Ingredients: 
1 pound fresh cranberries
1 ½ cups water
½ cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
3 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon ginger zest
1 teaspoon orange zest

 
Directions: 
1) Pick through the cranberries, discarding the soft and rotten ones, wash the rest
2) Place cranberries and water in pot, bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes
3) Add the apricots and simmer for five minutes
4) Add agave, orange and ginger zest and simmer five minutes.
5) Enjoy!



No comments: